FBSport Car Travel Inflatable Mattress
I never imagined how convenient this air mattress would be.
I find that this particular product provides a lot of great uses that make using my minivan for trips and excursions much more convenient than using my car.
As a matter of fact, I would recommend this particular product to anyone who was looking to get a little bit of extra comfort out of their large vehicle.
Best Inflatable Minivan Air Mattress
Have you ever been out camping and needed an extra place to sleep? How about being out at a drive-in and finding that your Sport utility vehicle’s seats don’t exactly provide the most comfortable movie-viewing experience? SUV’s and minivans have unique seating options that aren’t available in smaller cars, and many larger vehicle owners find ways to use their extra space for camping, movie watching, and simply relaxing. Unfortunately, these areas aren’t always the most comfortable, which is why a minivan or SUV inflatable mattress is an amazing type of product to have.
I’m a big fan of drive-in movies. When I go out and see an outside flick, I have to turn my minivan around and position it rear in a rear-towards-the-screen position. This is a good viewing angle, but sometimes this position can get a bit cramped. Recently, I discovered the FBSport Car Travel Inflatable Mattress. It’s a great, large-car compatible mattress that makes sleeping in a Minivan, or even just relaxing a really easy process.
What Makes it So Useful
The FBSport Car Travel Inflatable Mattress is a great option for a bevy of minivan or SUV situations. It’s very easy to set up, is stabilized by a detachable section that is positioned in front of your back seats, and it is also very puncture resistant. I really love how it feels so much like a standard mattress when you are lounging inside of your car. Larger people will find that it has a big enough size to be incredibly comfortable.
In addition to all of this, you can remove the stabilizing section and use the mattress in a tent or on a deck. As a matter of fact, the mattress serves as a makeshift seat for children when you employ the inflatable pillows as back-rests. The sleeping surface is flocked and comfortable feeling, though I personally like to cover mine with a sheet so that I can feel the most possible comfort.
Dimensions and Design
As mentioned previously, this mattress product is large enough to fit most people. I’m a pretty big guy and I sleep very well on this particular inflatable mattress. Its dimensions are 35 inches in width, 57 inches in length, and three inches in thickness. The detachable stabilizing section of the mattress is 17 inches in height, which should fit neatly in front of many different types of minivan and SUV back seats.
In totality, the mattress weighs about six pounds, making it a very feather-light feeling product. I really liked the color of the flocked mattress, it’s a darker gray on top and a lighter gray on its bottom section. The stabilizing section is this lighter gray and so are the inflatable pillows.
Specific Features and Pack-ins
- Extra-protecting Air Cushion – This cushion is designed so that when you’re sleeping on this inflatable mattress, you don’t accidentally bang your head or elbows on the minivan’s main console. It attaches to the middle of the inflatable and also provides a raised surface that you can rest against with relative ease and comfort.
- Inflator – Every inflatable mattress requires one of these if you don’t want to try to inflate them with your breath. This mattress inflator allows you to quickly inflate the mattress to the desired firmness. It has several adaptor attachments that will allow you to inflate other items and mattresses as well. In addition to this, the inflator plugs conveniently into your cigarette lighter so that you can quickly power it without having to find an external outlet.
- Patching Kit – Accidents happen, especially when you’re out there camping. Since this particular mattress can double as a camping bed, there’s always a chance that you’ll miss a twig or other sharp item and spring a leak. It’s particularly advantageous that the manufacturers included a patching kit with two plastic patches and patching solution. This will help you quickly plug any leak and get back to your getaway.
- Carrying Case – When the product is not in use, the manufacturers included a great carrying bag that you can roll the deflated mattress into. This is a great portable option that will let you store the mattress without worrying about any damage occurring because it was not protected.
- Inflatable Pillows – The final pack in is an inflatable pillow that you can sleep on or set up as a convenient back-rest. These aren’t the most comfortable pillows to sleep on, but they are more than adequate for a night’s rest.
We’ve mentioned a few uses for this product in passing, but let’s take a more in-depth look at what you can do with this inflatable mattress:
- Camping – I’ve been a camper for many years and this is a great option for long camping trips in colder climes. A minivan or an SUV is a great enclosure that blocks harsh winds and low temperatures effectively, so using this type of mattress during these types of camping trips is very advantageous. You’ll even be able to pack additional items because you won’t need to pack a tent! An added bonus is that you’ll also have access to your car’s eclectically powered systems like the stereo.
- Portable Seating – This is very useful when you’re at a get-together where there is limited seating. Since many fans love to tailgate, this is a great option for when you want to go to the stadium and relax comfortably with friends during the pre-game.
- Resting During a Long Drive – I’ve made road trips where I’ve been traveling for more than 25 hours at a time. During these trips, I’ve used hotels and motels to get some shut-eye, but even on the road, these can get expensive. Having a product like this at arm’s reach is very useful; you can simply pull over, inflate, and get your forty winks.
As with anything, there are considerations that you should take into account before you buy a product of this nature. Firstly, never ever use this while the car is moving. It’s tempting to use this as a way for your kids to sleep peacefully when you’re on a long car trip, but this particular product does not have a way to attach seat belts. This means that if there’s an accident, anyone sleeping on the FBSport Car Travel Inflatable Mattress can be injured.
Also, the extra-protecting air cushion attaches to the mattress via Velcro, but it’s easy to knock free. This means that while you are resting on this mattress you can have a hard center console to contend with. This is a minor foible, especially considering that there are two additional inflatable pillows that you can use for adding an extra layer of comfort.
Other Top Selling Automobile Air Mattresses