Arf Pets Dog Self-Cooling Pad
After researching sorting through the different styles and types of cooling mats, the Dog Self-Cooling Pad from Arf Pets stood above its competition.
It will cool your dog off in minutes and provide continuous cooling for up to 3 hours and “recharges” quickly on its own when not in use.
The material seems to resist stains and marks, doesn’t hold smells, is light weight and most importantly… dogs love it.
Selecting the Perfect Dog Cooling Pad
Buying a cooling pad for your dog is a great idea and has a wide variety of benefits. In addition to keeping your dog cool in warm weather, cooling pads are a convenient solution for many of your pet’s ailments. They can help alleviate pain and discomfort associated with bad joints, skin conditions, and the healing time after a surgery. Cooling pads are also known to help ease stress in dogs and can be used to calm your pet when you are away, when riding in the car, or any other time they might be in distress.
With so many different options for dog cooling pads on the market, it can be difficult gauging which design is the best fit for you and your dog. Choosing between a water or gel design or between a refillable or refrigerated pad can get complicated.
Arf Pets Dog Self-Cooling Mat Features and Benefits
- Automatically Recharging – Unlike other cooling pads that need to be refilled with cold water or stored in the refrigerator between uses, this pad conveniently recharges itself after 15-20 minutes of not being used. Simply relieve any weight on the pad and allow it to become cool to the touch once again.
- 3-Hour Continuous Relief – Once your dog puts their body weight on the cooling pad it will remain cool for three hours. This is longer than most other automatically recharging pads and allows for your pet to have extended relief from heat, discomfort or pain, and stress or anxiety without interruption.
- Non-Toxic Materials – This cooling pad is latex free and doesn’t contain any harmful toxins, chemicals, or common allergens. Many dogs have sensitive skin, and this cooling pad won’t cause them any discomfort. It is also safe around your smaller pets, children, and for use inside your home.
Easy Clean-up – It is an unavoidable fact that dogs can get extremely messy. Shedding or accidents are likely to occur at some point on the cooling pad. Luckily, this pad is made with easy-to-clean materials. Simply wipe messes away without worrying about stains or mold build-up from water exposure.
- Flexible Materials – This cooling pad is rather large when laid flat, but its flexibility makes it easy to roll up or fold away for convenient storage. This also makes using the cooling pad on uneven surfaces, like the backseat of a car, easier to manage without the pad taking any damage.
- Nylon Cushion – The cushion on this cooling pad is made with a puncture-resistant nylon material. The nylon is extremely durable, meaning that it won’t rip underneath your pet’s nails and will last you for years to come.
- Pressure-Activated Gel – Instead of water which needs to be refilled, this pad is full of pressure-activated gel. Once your dog applies their weight to the pad their body heat begins being absorbed by this gel. This simple cooling method removes the need for constant maintenance or electricity, so your dog can use it anywhere you go.
No product on the market comes without a few drawbacks. The Arf Pets Dog Self-Cooling Pad is no exception, but the benefits of this product far outweigh the negatives. Despite any of these drawbacks, I still highly recommend this cooling pad as the best option for you and your dog.
The risk of harm to chewing dogs: Because this product is constructed with such durable materials, it can be harmful if your dog attempts to chew it up. The nylon strands can be quite long, causing complications if swallowed by your pet. Avoid this by supervising your dogs during use if you know they have a habit of chewing their bedding.
This product works better indoors than outdoors in extremely hot conditions. The sun beating down on the cooling pad may affect the cooling power of the gel. If using outdoors, try placing the pad in a shaded area out of the sun so the gel won’t absorb the heat from direct sunlight.
Who Should Buy the Arf Pets Dog Self-Cooling Mat
This cooling pad may not be the best option for dog owners who deal with chewing problems or for those living in extremely hot climates and want to primarily use the pad outside.
That being said, it is a great product for just about any other dog owner, especially those with older dogs, dogs with skin or joint conditions, and long-haired dogs in warm climates. It is more hassle-free than other brands and a good option for busier dog owners looking for a convenient and easy-to-clean product that won’t require much maintenance.
For all of the features and benefits listed above, the Arf Pets Dog Self-Cooling Pad is the best cooling pad you can buy.
Other Top Selling Dog Cooling Pads