John Frieda Salon Shape Brush
The John Frieda Salon Shape 1.5 Inch Hot Air Brush is a great option for those who want to have more volumized, frizz-free hair.
It’s very easy to use, lightweight and is a major part of great hair care daily regimen.
If you want to have fuller, softer, and more luxurious hair, there are few products in the hot air brush category that are better.
Best Hot Air Brush
If you have long hair, keeping it looking nice and lustrous is important. I prefer my hair to have a soft feeling that I use products and constant care to cultivate. Once I’m fresh out of the shower, I tend to brush and then blow-dry my hair, but as of late, I’ve been interested in hot air brushes. These products combine the brushing and drying stages of hair management and also ensure that your hair is soft and touchable.
There are a few of these types of one-step solutions available on the market, but which one does the best job? According to my research, the best hot air brush currently on the market is the John Frieda Salon Shape 1.5 Inch Hot Air Brush. This product has some great hair care features that are perfect for quick grooming and hair maintenance.
Why It’s Great
The John Frieda Salon Shape 1.5 Inch Hot Air Brush has a lot of great features for grooming. These products are designed to help make hair maintenance much more convenient and this device does this admirably.
Here are some key features:
- It volumizes The John Frieda Salon Shape 1.5 Inch Hot Air Brush uses ionic power to deliver unparalleled volume to your hair. This means that using this product after a wash will simply make your hair look much more healthy and full. In addition to this, your hair will appear much shinier after a session with this product. My hair is very straight and can sometimes appear a bit lanky, so a product like this one that adds volume is perfect for my grooming.
- It reduces frizz. Frizz is annoying. The chief issue with a lot of the hairdryers on the market today is that they dry your hair and also increase the static electricity in your hair at the same time. The John Frieda Salon Shape 1.5 Inch Hot Air Brush won’t adversely affect your hair’s level of static electricity, so you’ll find that using this product to simultaneously brush and dry your hair will greatly reduce your post-shower frizz.
- It’s easy to use. Using the John Frieda Salon Shape 1.5 Inch Hot Air Brush is very simple. It’s simply a round brush that expels air, which in turn dries your hair with each stroke. This is a very simple system of use that will nonetheless make your hair look beautiful.
- It’s lightweight. While the barrel of the product is relatively thick, the John Frieda Salon Shape 1.5 Inch Hot Air Brush is also very light; it only weighs about a pound. This makes using the hot air brush very easy and fatigue-free. Not all bathrooms and bedrooms are built the same. With this in mind, John Frieda manufactured this hot air brush with a very long cord that has more than ten feet of slack. This means that you should be able to comfortably use it in your bathroom, even if you have to run the cord from a relatively distant outlet. Additionally, the John Frieda Salon Shape 1.5 Inch Hot Air Brush’s cord is a swivel cord, which means that it is much less likely to get tangled.
The John Frieda Salon Shape 1.5 Inch Hot Air Brush has three settings; low, high, and cool. The cool has about the same level of air output as the high but is much less warm. Low provides a warm breeze of air that is perfect for ensuring that you aren’t overheating your air, especially if you aren’t using a product to protect the follicles from the device’s heat output.
How to Use It
Simply wash your hair as you would normally. Some people like to dry their hair a bit before using a hot air brush, but this isn’t required. Next, you’ll be using the John Frieda Salon Shape 1.5 Inch Hot Air Brush like you would a round brush. Just run it through your hair, making sure to spin the device as you stroke. You can start on high and then progress to low as your hair dries. To finish up, simply use the cool setting to remove any remaining moisture from your hair.
The John Frieda Salon Shape 1.5 Inch Hot Air Brush is very easy to maintain. When you need to get it unclogged, you can simply unscrew the base section. In this section, excess follicles, dirt, and dust will collect, and cleaning this area of the device is a cinch.
As with anything, the John Frieda Salon Shape 1.5 Inch Hot Air Brush isn’t perfect. Firstly, it has decent but not perfect power output. Some similar products go as high as 1000 watts, but the Salon Shape only has about 500 watts of overall power. This could be good, especially if you are not using a heat protectant on your hair. Also, if you use hair extensions, only use in on extensions made from real hair.
In addition to this, the brush head isn’t very long, so if you are shooting for a more complex, longer style, this really might not be the product for you. This same shortness can also be problematic because it’s easy to accidentally get your finger too close to the brush head while in use. The brush head is very hot, so this is a good way to get an accidental burn.
Finally, the tube bottom is a little too thick for some hands, which will make the product a bit difficult to grasp comfortably. If you have older or weaker hands, then this could be a problem for you.
What Products You Should Use With It
There are a few great products that will enhance your hot air brush experience.
Here are a few:
- Heat protectant. As many know, adding an excess of heat to your hair follicles can damage them. Using heat protectant, which you can get just about anywhere you can buy hair care products, will protect your hair from heat-related damage. In my experience, products of this type are cheap but deliver a lot of value.
- A wide-toothed comb. After I apply the heat protectant, I like to run a wide-toothed comb through my hair. It helps remove excess moisture and is also much more gentle on the follicles than a paddle brush.
- Curling Moose. This is optional, but if you want your hair to have a bit of shape, then use this before you apply the hot air brush to your hair. The result will be full and volumized curls.